Monday, February 13, 2012

K.I.S.S. for Valentine's Day...

Valentine's Day is often overdone, so... Keep It Simple and Smart.

For teachers... or a good friend... or someone you know who needs a pick-me-up...

  
...go for a small bouquet in a charming vase...


 ...or buy some cool jars and fill them with an assortment of your "favorite things"...





...or give a pretty plant in a decorative pot to brighten a windowsill.



It doesn't have to be elaborate...simple is beautiful. 



For your little ones...

  Both of my girls have read How Full Is Your Bucket? in school this year.  So I thought a bucket filled with some of their favorite things would be a wonderful surprise. 


I found these pink buckets at IKEA for $2.99.


 Drill parallel holes into either side of the bucket...


 ...and tie a ribbon through the holes.


 Tie a bow separately and sew it onto the middle of the ribbon.





 I picked up some things from the dollar bin at Michaels (great resource for your kids' gifts) - a journal with coordinating pencils, pen, and clothespins that I glued magnets onto for their artwork.  A birdhouse for them to paint, a pedicure kit and a bottle of their favorite fingernail polish and a picture frame to put a family photo in.  (I try to keep both Valentine's Day and Easter not geared towards candy.) 


 I also found these paper purses that I thought were adorable. 


 I tied a bow and super-glued it to the purse...


 ...And then filled them with a couple different sweets.



Fill the bucket up with all of the treats and then hang it in their room to find on the morning of Valentine's Day.



Have fun tomorrow! and Happy Valentine's Day!  : )


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment