Monday, April 2, 2012

A bakery after my my own heart...


There is a bakery in the NODA neighborhood of Charlotte, NC that could truly be one of my favorite places.  I believe I have previously documented my love of coffee, but this place has more than great coffee.  It also has wonderful treats to eat and an impeccable collaboration of humor and design.   

As soon as you walk through the door, you will realize that this is not your ordinary bakery.  Amelie's reflects one of the things I most loved about Paris- the crazy juxtaposition of modernity and history.


{ This is the chandelier that greets you as you walk through the door.  There are dozens of one-of-a-kind chandeliers sprinkled throughout the space. }

{ Even the floor inside of Amelie's is cool}

{ Some of the tables are already set with a plate and silverware. }

{ I loved this wall of prints, made up of multiples of the same image. }

{ A since of humor goes a long way. }

{ This is one of the private dining spaces called the "Versailles Room".  When you walk into this room, it feels as if you have walked into a French consignment store.  There is something to look at everywhere you look.}

{ Another original chandelier...the most interesting use of a model Eiffel Tower I have ever seen. }

{ I loved these chairs.  Each seat is covered in a different portrait. }

{ A fun adaptation of a gallery wall...Every piece is actually a cross-stitched piece of art.  Pretty cool. }

{ Can't get enough of a proper bust. }

{ Designated seats for some interesting dinner guests. }

{ I am not sure who she is...but she definitely makes you feel under-dressed. }

Now, onto the reason most people go to bakeries...the food. 
 I chose to get a few things so I could speak about the variety they offer...and I actually couldn't decide : )

{ An absolutely huge, buttery croissant.  I can actually say it was the best croissant I have ever had. }

{ Almond tea cake... }

{ ...buttery, with a crunchy crust }

{ Mini mocha mousse cup... the prettiest shot of coffee you will ever have. }

{ ...And my absolute favorite...Key Lime tart }

{  sooooo good }

If you are in the area, you should absolutely check Amelie's out.  If the decor and the food weren't enough, they are open 24 hours a day.  Love it!!!


Amelie's French Bakery
2424 North Davidson St.
Charlotte, NC 28205





No comments:

Post a Comment