Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A tiny movement: Artist Trading Cards


Recently I was in my local art store and saw this tiny packet labeled "Artist Trading Cards".  The pack contained 12 assorted sheets of artist grade papers.   I looked the packet over, trying to figure out what their purpose was when I read "Join the Movement!" and I instantly thought "How did I miss a movement?".

Needless to say, I came home and instantly looked up ATC's and found out there is a whole subculture of artists who get together and trade these tiny cards that measure only 2.5"x 3.5".  Now... I am not surprised that I had never heard of such a thing, when I have not worked on anything smaller than 2'x3'.  Here are a few examples of the amazing artwork that can be made on a very small canvas. 



















I have now bought my own pack of ATC's...this will be interesting.  I may be able to fit a big toe on one, but I don't have much confidence in my ability to think small  : )


Pin It




No comments:

Post a Comment