Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Color Run...so freakin' excited!!!!

via the official The Color Run website

I had no idea The Color Run even existed until my friend Carolyn told me that we HAD to do it. She described it, and it sounded great and then I visited their website, and now...I CAN NOT WAIT for November. I am so excited! I truly believe that this race will live up to be exactly what they say it is-

The Happiest 5k on the planet !!!!

Just watch this, and tell me if you are not inspired to just be there :





Maybe I will see you there!


***Update***
There has been some concern about the health effects of breathing the cornstarch dust during the race.  The Color Run website addresses this concern here on the FAQs section of their website. 

"Do the kilometer “Color Zones” affect runner vision? Or breathing?
The Color Run explosions are basically food grade cornstarch and are 100% natural and SAFE.  As with any substance, you want to keep it out of your eyes and our “certified” color throwers make sure to aim low as you pass by.  Some “Color Runners”  opt to wear glasses or goggles for their eyes and use a bandana or dust mask for their mouths.  As shown on the “about” page the middle lane is the “low color lane,” which offers a “lighter” color experience.  In summary: We work pretty hard to make it so our precious “Color Runners” get as much or as little color on them as they like."




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be fun if making those kinds of videos (and sports montages...love those) were your job? Gah I love it. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I have watched that video 20 times! Love it!!!

      Delete