Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Artist Spotlight: Ernest Zacharevic


Ernest Zacharevic is a Lithuanian artist who has been transforming the streets of Penang,  Malaysia with an amazing series of interactive murals.  I LOVE them, and I love how people are interacting with them.  His depiction of children keeps the artwork very vulnerable and welcoming to passers-by...much more than if he had depicted adults.  I also love the variety of backgrounds and spaces he has chosen - they are almost as interesting visually as the artwork itself.  I can't help but smile whenever I look at his work. 













( all images via fubiz )

Here is a short video of Ernest Zacharevic painting a mural on Armenian Street in Penang:


Ernest Zacharevic at Armenian Street, Penang from ownlypenang on Vimeo.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment