Monday, February 11, 2013

Have you seen this?...The world's highest tennis court


There is a lot to be impressed with when you see the the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.  The one thing I found absolutely amazing and terrifying at the same time is the hotel's distinction of having the highest tennis court in the world.  I have never been a fan of heights, and the idea of lunging for a ball at such heights, makes my stomach turn.  These photos were taken of Andre Agassi and Roger Federer, when they had a chance to play on the newly converted tennis court (it used to be the hotel's grass helipad), to promote the Dubai Open in 2005.   I would think this would be the perfect space for someone who wants to experience the fairly civilized sport of tennis with the excitement of the x games.  Kudos to the brave of heart...I am not one of you : )








(all images via My Modern Met)

Pin It


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing! You wouldn't want to forget where the edge is though would you! Also, I bet tennis court repairs are a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would use the Agassi method- scooting on my belly : )

      Delete