Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Gray Malin


Nothing has gotten me more in the mood for Summer than the photography of Gray Malin. He has photographed the beaches of six continents and has turned a day at the beach into true artwork.  I LOVE the contrast between the crowds on the sand and the perceived quiet of the expansive blue-green water.  There is a geometry found in his photography that makes the entire composition pleasing to the eye.  - circular umbrellas, rectangular towels, and triangular intersections of the ocean meeting the beach.  And did I mention the colors?  LOVE the vibrancy of the colors.  I wish I could take a trip in that helicopter and see what he sees.  Maybe...one day : )

A big THANK YOU to my friend Kelly...
 for introducing me to the photography of Gray Malin : )














 Visit Gray Malin's website, Maison Gray, to purchase prints of his artwork. 

(all photographs from the Maison Gray website)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment