Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fabulous Food: Fruit Pizza


Fruit Pizza has been one of my absolutely favorite desserts of Summer.  There is something about the combination of a lightly sweet cookie crust, a thick cream cheese filling and a nice selection of tangy fresh fruit that makes my eyes...tummy...and heart smile.  I realized when I was planning Isabella's 5th birthday, that I have never made this recipe for my girls.  I was bit astounded considering how I grew up with this dessert.  The only reason I could think of, is that I didn't want a whole pizza available for me to consume.  A party with a ton of guests turned out to be the perfect opportunity to introduce this little bit of dessert heaven to my sweet girls : )

You will be pleased to know that this recipe is super simple but it is sure to please a crowd.  



The Ingredients:

For the crust-
2/3 c. butter softened
1 c. of plain flour
 3 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. of chopped pecans

For the filling-
8 oz. of cream cheese softened
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 c. powdered sugar

For the topping-
1 c. strawberries sliced
2 kiwi sliced
1/2 c blueberries
(you could use other fruit, but this is my favorite combination)

The Directions:

Combine butter, flour, sugar and pecans.  Mix together thoroughly and knead dough until the ingredients have become fully incorporated.  Press dough thinly onto a pizza pan.  Cook crust for ten minutes at 350 degrees or until slightly golden in color.  Let cool thoroughly.

In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese, Cool Whip and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until the filling is smooth and has no lumps.  Spread in a 1/2" layer onto the pizza crust.

Spread the fruit evenly over the pizza and chill for at least an hour. 


And that is it : )  So easy and super good!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment