Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pay It Forward #8: Love note journals...a great way to start the day


Do you ever have one of those days that you wish you could re-do? One of those days, where your voice is raised a bit more than you would have liked...and you sighed dramatically a few more times than normal...you "counted down" more times than you can count...and at the end of the day, you were exhausted, and ultimately disappointed because this day was not one you want your kids to remember you for.  

I have had a few of those lately : (  At the end of those days, I find myself in the girls' rooms, speaking softly as they sleep...saying everything to them I had wanted to say that day.  It made me realize that we can not determine what kind of day we will we have, and sometimes, we will not be the moms we want to be, but we can make sure the day starts off right.  

I decided to make love note journals for the girls...and one for Jason too.  I write in them nightly and then leave them on their pillows, so they can read my note as soon as they wake up. My hope is that no matter how the day goes, they already know how much I love them. 

I found these kraft paper journals in sets of three at Wal-Mart for $2.99.  Using some Martha Stewart eyelet note-cards, I printed a cover using a different font for each of their individual personalities- simple and clean for Jason, dramatic and artsy for Ava and quick and messy for my little tornado, Isabella. 


I then super-glued them down and started writing.  Isabella's came together quickly. 


She is 5 and reading well, but I make my notes to her short with lots of drawings.  She likes to write me back with drawings of people with enormous heads and of course her name on every page : )



Ava is a different story.  My notes to her began as a daily affirmation of how much I loved her, but then they quickly turned into imaginative stories incorporating her as the heroine of course : )


And in these stories, I am sure to point out all of the wonderful attributes God has given her.  Affirmations that can never come too early for a little girl. 


These love note journals have been a great way to start the day in our house.  Not only for the girls, but also for my hubby : )


Keep sharing the love : )


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment