Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ugly?...nah, unique


Recently, I wrote about "the saddest dog in the world" so I thought I would write about "the most ________ cats in the world".  I am at a bit of a loss at what adjective one should use for these hairless sphinx cats.  I have always believed that something can be so ugly, it's cute, but "ugly" is not the word I would call these felines.  They are certainly a bit disconcerting to look at, but I believe it's because they are a bit alien in their appearance.  The thing that I love about these cats is the combination of the intelligence in their gaze and the paper-thin skin that begs for your touch in spite of the heebie jeebies you are sure to get right afterwards.  I LOVE them, but I don't think I would want to have one cuddled up in my lap as much as I would want to converse with them about all the secrets of the universe : )  Unique...that's the word.  And being unique has never been a bad thing. 





 These beautiful photographs were taken by Brisbane based photographer, Serena Hodson. 

(photos are by Serena Hodson via My Modern Met)

No comments:

Post a Comment