Monday, April 7, 2014

My Pinterest Menu: Week of April 7th

I am crazy excited about this week's menu!  Looking on it now, I am amazed by all the color. I'm going to blame it on the fact that Spring is finally here, because everything in my life lately has been all about color. Obviously, the food is no different : )

When I saw the recipes for the Beef Burgers with Bacon Jam and Gorgonzola, I think my mouth hit the floor. I chose Wednesday for this meal for a reason.  Jason's birthday is Wednesday, and I think he is going to LOVE this meal!  I'm also excited about the 5 ingredient Easy White Chicken Chili.  Sometimes, I need easy and Tuesday is looking very busy already, so I don't want an excuse to eat out.  Easy recipes are what I need on the busiest of days, and this one looks SUPER good.  So without further ado...

Here is this week's menu... Enjoy : ) 


via Gimme Some Oven


via Gimme Some Oven


via Simply Delicious


via  Ottolenghi


via Gimme Some Oven


The Grocery List:

Spaghetti Carbonara-
1 lb. spaghetti
1/2 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1/2 lb. bacon (regular or turkey bacon), diced
5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup parmesan (or more)
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
olive oil

5 ingredient Easy White Chicken Chili-
6 cups chicken broth
4 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 (15-oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained
2 cups salsa verde (storebought or homemade)
2 tsp. ground cumin
optional toppings: diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, crumbled tortilla chips

Beef Burgers with Bacon Jam and Gorgonzola-
1 lb. streaky bacon, roughly chopped
4 large red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bay leaf
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup (60ml) Balsamic vinegar
1 cup soft brown sugar (I used Muscavado)
1 cup apple juice
1 cup water
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lb. lean beef mince (ground beef)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
fresh breadrolls
lettuce
thin slices of red onion
Gorgonzola, crumbled


Saffron Chicken and Herb Salad-
1 orange
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp saffron threads
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 and 1/4 c. water
2lbs. skinless chicken breast
4 tbsp olive oil
2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
1 tbsp picked coriander leaves
1 tbsp picked basil leaves, torn
1 tbsp picked mint leaves, torn
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and black pepper


Cilantro Lime Baked Shrimp-
2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
(optional garnishes: additional lime slices and fresh cilantro)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment